Wednesday 25 February 2015

Sewing...my passion

I think my love for cushions is evident from the name of my blog. The other thing I love to do is SEW. When my daughter was small I would stitch her dresses. So over a period of time I have amassed beautiful fabrics.But now my daughter is 13 and like any other teenager she fancies modern clothing. The sewing machine has been sitting pretty idle. So I decided to make use of the fabrics at home. I always liked patch work quilts but always brushed aside the thought of making one because of the herculean task involved. So then I decided to do a makeover for an old cane chair which we had discarded when we bought our new sofas. First I painted it white... and then came the part I enjoyed the most. I made a patch work seat cover for the chair with the dress fabrics I had at home. I also made the green and blue cushion covers which I think is going well with the patch work chair seat cover.Ohh I cant explain the joy of doing something you are passionate about...

Do let me know if you liked it.





4 comments:

  1. Reema this is indeed beautiful, you really do have magic in your hands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its definitely feels good when you do what you love to do. The cover has come out well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. this is really beautiful.. This is what happens when you love doing something.. the outcome is totally outstanding..

    ReplyDelete